Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On the Outside...


Something new for me...

We needed to replace the picket fence that was falling down in front of our house.



















I researched buying pickets and decided that I wanted to make my own.

So off to A&A Lumber we went to buy cypress. 1x8's to mill down for the pickets. 2x4's to mill down for the cross bars. 4x4's for the posts.

The fence is only 134 feet long. Should be quick and simple. Hah!











My shop's kind of small. So I've been moving a LOT of cypress in and out of the shop the past couple of weeks as I run it through the planer and slowly mill the 16' 1x8's down to their final sizes.

Everything gets stickered to keep it as true and straight as possible. And every time the rains come it all gets moved back inside or covered by plastic to keep it dry...

Whew!






I'm almost there...




















Some of the pickets are taking shape...

I only need to make 527 +/- ...

No comments:

Post a Comment